AKC Legislative Conference
April 30-May 1, 2017
Alexandria, Virginia & Washington, DC
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Booking Deadline: Monday, April 17 (view RSVP details below)
Purebred dog ownership is under attack. The radical animal rights agenda is determined to restrict our ability to own, breed and show purebred dogs. Please join us at this two-day, invitation-only event to learn, network and share experiences with other legislative liaisons in the Mid-Atlantic region and around the nation. Learn from AKC Government Relations and other experts about the latest trends, strategies and tips for community outreach and legislative success. Learn how you can get involved, improve outcomes and inspire others to join the cause.
Sunday April 30, in Historic Alexandria, Virginia:
- Keynote: Amy Showalter — The Good News is the Bad News is Wrong: Secrets of Extraordinary Grassroots Advocates. Amy will also have copies of her book, The Underdog Edge available for signing.
- Tips, Tools and Trends in Legislation & Canine Policy; Advocacy 101; Mid-Atlantic Regional Legislative Overview and Strategy Session; Club Development and Community Outreach – AKC Staff
- Media Engagement and Community Outreach for Purebred Dogs: Susi Szeremy and Chris Sweetwood
- Dog Trafficking and Retail Rescue: The basics — and updates from NAIA
Monday, May 1. Celebrate National Purebred Dog Day (NPDD) at the U.S Capitol, Washington:
Transportation is provided to the U.S. Capitol for:
- A morning of seminars and legislative briefings on key federal dog issues, with tips and tools from professional lobbyists for meeting with legislators and their staff.
- Afternoon activities include a capitol tour and the opportunity to meet with your member of Congress or their staff to discuss canine issues and share your love of purebred dogs. (Meetings are limited. Interested participants should request a meeting on the written registration form.)
- In the evening, you are invited to participate in AKC’s Congressional reception at the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center in honor of National Purebred Dog Day.
*Please note that the afternoon and evening events may require extensive walking and standing.
Conference Registration $75, RSVP by April 18th.
Download the registration form
Email completed form to email@example.com.
Host Hotel: Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria – Old Town, $129 + tax per night, single or double, 703-548-6300, ask for AKC block. Deadline for special room rate is 4/17/17. On-line reservations can be made by clicking here.
* Speakers and presentations are subject to change. Attendance is by invitation only. Seats and Congressional meetings are limited. AKC Legislative Liaisons and AKC-affiliated federation representatives receive priority conference reservations.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-816-3720.