At their December 2013 Board Meeting the AKC Board of Directors approved a pilot program to allow multiple all-breed and/or group shows to be held on a single day at the same site. The pilot program will extend the benefits and enhanced exhibiting experience that have been realized by specialty clubs holding two specialties in one day. Two all-breed shows, an all-breed and one or more group shows, or multiple group shows are allowed on the same day. As with our current shows, the number of point shows for an individual breed is limited to two per day.
PILOT PROGRAM PROCEDURES and GUIDELINES
- • Available for shows held on or after May 1, 2014
- • Clubs that had a show of 500 entries or less the previous year are eligible for the pilot program. Appeals for exceptions will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- • All-breed shows must offer group and best in show competition. Group shows must offer group competition.
The use of multiple group rings at all-breed shows is encouraged.
- • No concurrent or evening specialties may be held in conjunction with the shows.
- • Junior Showmanship competition is allowed.
- • Obedience and Rally competitions are allowed, and encouraged, but must have their own ring(s) for competition.
Ownership of the corresponding date must be agreed upon in writing and submitted to AKC prior to event approval if two clubs are holding the same type of events on the same date & site.
Clubs that participate in the pilot program will have the right to return to their original (corresponding) date(s) the following year. Failure to return to their original date the following year will result in forfeiture of ownership of the date. Other clubs may use the dates that are available due to participation in the pilot program, on a one-time approval basis.
These procedures and guidelines will be monitored throughout the pilot program and may be adjusted, with Board approval, as necessary.