Professional handler Sarah Riedl Perchick answers Best In Show Daily’s questions for interesting people in the sport of dogs.
1. Where were you born?
2. What roles have you played in the dog world: breeder, owner-handler, professional handler, apprentice, judge, delegate, writer, publisher, photographer, artist, campaign manager?
Apprentice and professional handler.
3. Are you the only person in your family who is involved in the dog show world?
I’m the only one who is this lucky!
4. With what living dog person have you had the longest acquaintance, other than a relative?
Ann Rairigh, friend and mentor.
5. What breeds have you been personally involved with and what is your favorite breed?
There are too many to list, but Poodles are my favorite.
6. Who inspired you in the dog world? In what way?
There’s inspiration at every dog show, you just have to take the time to notice. So many people have been so good to me, I wouldn’t know who to start with.
7. Are you taken, looking or happily unattached? If taken, by whom and for how long?
Just married the love of my life in April. Matt Perchick and I have been together for almost five years.
8. What are your current house pets?
We have a Mini Poodle from Janet Lange who is our clown. Also a mini Wire Dachshund, the Worm, is our “son.” And last but not least, ‘Jetta,’ the Standard Poodle Ch. Dawin Spitfire, lives with us. Linda Campbell was kind enough to allow her to retire with me. They are our constant companions.
9. What is your most prized possession?
My wedding ring.
10. What one thing would people be surprised to learn about you?
That I’m shy.
11. Besides dog things, what are your favorite interests or activities?
I enjoy watching movies, and a good nap! And I do enjoy my dogs.
12. Other than your chosen profession, how would you like to have earned a living?
I would love to own a bar.