Sunday’s judging at the Meadowlands Specialty Association’s Combined Specialty shows saw three days of competition draw to a close. Ten specialties and one limited-breed club held their conformation events for the third day at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.
The total entry for the day was 849. Irish Setters had the largest entry with 120, followed by German Shorthaired Pointers, 114; English Setters, 103; and Great Danes; 84. Other breeds competing included Gordon Setters, Cocker Spaniels, Afghan Hounds, Doberman Pinschers, Bichon Frises and Salukis.
The Garden State All Terrier Club, Inc., provided classes for 26 breeds, including four Russell Terriers and two Rat Terriers in the Miscellaneous class. Entries were small in all but a few breeds, with 12 Staffordshire Bull Terriers entered, 10 West Highland White Terriers and 10 Cairn Terriers. All other Terrier breeds saw entries in the single digits, with absentees in a few breeds.
For those staying in Manhattan, buses were available again today to take spectators and exhibitors to the Meadowlands specialties and back again. The Eukanuba-sponsored shuttle service was very popular throughout the weekend. Out-of-town guests and foreign visitors especially enjoyed the ability to get to the shows without having to navigate the New York City traffic. After three days of intense specialty competition, the door-to-door service provided the perfect way to ease back into Manhattan and get ready for Westminster.
The following is a list of today’s Best In Specialty Show winners:
• Ch. Mijkelh Sikanni of Procyon; Afghan Hound Association of Long Island
• GCh. Lobato’s Jitterbug Man; Great Dane Club of Raritan Valley
• GCh. Shade Mountain’s Twilight Dancer, JH; Sleepy Hollow German Shorthaired Pointer Club
• GCh. Sastya’s Eleven Eleven; Gordon Setter Club of America
• Quanmarra Thonolan; Empire Saluki Club
• GCh. Victoire Gerie No Lemon Gemstone; Greater New York Bichon Frise Club
• GCh. Rosette’s No Stone Unturned; Eastern Irish Setter Association
• GCh. Apple Hill’s Baldwin (Black) BOB; GCh. Locsot N Gina’s Rocket Man (ASCOB); GCh. VC’s Cute As A Button (Parti-color); Cocker Spaniel Club of Long Island
• GCh. Stargaz’r Wingfield Wait Wait Don’t Tell; English Setter Association of America, Inc.
• GCh. Protocol’s Veni Vidi Vici; Long Island Doberman Pinscher Club
Garden State All Terrier Club, Inc.
Group First – American Staffordshire Terrier
Group Second – Scottish Terrier
Group Third – Airedale Terrier
Group Fourth – Norwich Terrier
• Ch. Joval Angel’s Whisper, Airedale Terriers
• Ch. Alpine’s Ring Of Fire, American Staffordshire Terriers
• GCh. Temora Taint She Sweet, Australian Terriers
• Ch. First Class Syrah D’Hermitage, Bedlington Terriers
• GCh. Roschel’s Mariah, Border Terriers
• GCh. Rocco’s Collar King Carl XVI Gustaf, Cairn Terriers
• Ch. Zlatapraha Brubeck, Cesky Terriers
• GCh. Graycottage Santeric Fyrestorm, Wire Fox Terriers
• Ch. Rockledge McCallen Of Meath, Irish Terriers
• GCh. Alainn Dugan, Kerry Blue Terriers
• Neverlands Gold Star, CD, RA, NA, NAJ, NF, Standard Manchester Terriers
• Ch. Ruffshaad’s Caprice At Royalbard, Miniature Bull Terriers
• Ch. Blythewood She’s The Belle Of The Ball, Miniature Schnauzers
• GCh. Max-Well’s Violet, Norfolk Terriers
• GCh. Foxwood Chasing A Dream, Norwich Terriers
• GCh. McVan’s Be Bop Baby, Scottish Terriers
• Ch. Gleanntan Gaelforce, Skye Terriers
• Ch. Greentree Rising Star, Soft-Coated Wheaten Terriers
• Ch. Trugrip Summer Dayz, Staffordshire Bull Terriers
• Tollgate Rough’n Tumble, Welsh Terriers
• Ch. Rotella-Bay’s I’m A Son Of A Gun, West Highland White Terriers